The purpose of the Community Engagement Group is to make sure that Moray has the right people right skills and sets the right standards for effective community engagement.
- To provide and establish links between local organisations and the Community Planning Board on matters relating to community engagement.
- To examine and pursue opportunities for joint community consultations exercises wherein members of the Community Planning Partnership can jointly benefit from consultations and engagements planned by individual partners
- To encourage community planning partners to recognise the value of appropriate community engagement in planning for and delivering their services.
- To increase the understanding of community engagement within communities.
- To help community planning partners and community organisations develop community engagement approaches that are consistent, inclusive and undertaken with integrity and respect.
- To share information and best practice and in doing so increase the community’s confidence in such engagement practices.
- To help communities to undertake community engagement or to respond as consultees.
- To ensure that the relevant legislative requirements in relation to community engagement practices are met.
- To keep all such engagement practices under review so that their effectiveness can be valued.
- To encourage all members to follow the national standards that exists for community engagement activities.